Montag, 15. August 2011

Busy Weekend

I used the longer weekend and the absence of my boyfriend for a little bit of sewing. In fact I haven´t done much else. 

The first dress is a very easy pattern I made it as one of my 12 around the year series, where I make one piece of garment each month to keep up my motivation. I love the colors of this dress. It was a easy fun project, and I like how it turned out. 




But as you remember I had very important plans for my holliday wardrope and in fact I already finished two of the three items:

For this dress I used IKEA cotton. I really like the print. It is so nice for autumn and easy to combine with bright colors. 



And the Cape of this months Burda. Taking pictures was not very easy. It was so sunny and warm, not very good for taking pictures of cold weather clothing.


Normally Burda Patterns have a very good fit for me, so I didn´t measure the pattern before, never needed to. But this one was far to big. I could have made it at least one size smaller. Furthermore, because of the huge masses of fabric it cost me two needles and nearly my sewing machine. 
I love it! I just can´t wait now for autumn to come.


5 Kommentare:

  1. Am I right: You sewed all these 3 garments at one weekend???
    Which pattern did you use for the dress? As to the Cape: it is the one you featured in your last blog post?
    Ps: Love the 'Violet-Dress'! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das Cape ist sehr schön geworden. Ich wollte eigentlich im August auch mit den Herbstsachen beginnen. Die Kleider sind auch hübsch. Angeblich kommt der Sommer ja nun zurück, da hast Du auf jeden Fall was zur Hand.
    Viele Grüße
    Julia

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks.

    @ Immi: Yes to both questions. My boyfriend wasn´t at home, so there was no one who needed my attention. It was an uneventful fun weekend.
    Which dress do you mean? The first is from the Sabrina magazine 1/11, the other Meine Nähmode 1/11.

    @ Julia: Ich war auch furchtbar demotiviert, da ich Sommersachen machen wollte und kein Sommer da war, da ist der Urlaub ein guter Grund mit den Herbstsachen anzufangen.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hallo Sarah,

    sorry, hänge mitm Kommentieren etwas hinterher.

    Drei Kleidungsstücke an einem Wochenende. Respekt ... ich lasse mich da wohl, dann doch oft zu schnell ablenken.

    Das Knotenkleid sieht toll an Dir aus.

    So ein Cape wollte ich auch schon immer haben . Überlege mir nur noch, ob da nicht die Arme zu kalt werden. Vielleicht könntest Du da dann noch mal berichten. So sieht das Cape auf jeden Fall schon mal sehr schick aus und ist mal was anderes.

    Lieber Gruß, Muriel

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Sehr schön :-) Und man sieht nicht, dass es Schwedenstoff ist!! Ich mag die Stoffe auch sehr gerne, aber hab sie noch nicht zu Kleidung vernäht. Der Schnitt von dem zweiten Kleid erinnert mich ein wenig an den Norderney von FM.

    AntwortenLöschen